The mission of NAMI Ventura County is to provide emotional support, education and resources for families affected by mental illness. Through community collaboration and education, we advocate for a life of quality and dignity—one without discrimination—for all people affected by this illness.
Purpose and Services
The purpose of NAMI Ventura County is to advocate for and provide support and crisis resources to those affected by neurological disorders including schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, major depression, borderline personality disorder, OCD, panic disorder, severe anxiety disorder and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders. Our services to the community include:
- Crisis outreach.
- Consumer and family support services.
- Sharing and Education.
- Families helping families.
- Community awareness building and collaboration.
Donate to NAMI Ventura
Please Click the red links for our donation forms:
Donate to NAMI Ventura County and help us bring hope and recovery – through support, education and advocacy – to those affected by mental illness. All donations support our programs, including our Family-to-Family classes, in Ventura County. To become a NAMI Mental Health Hero choose the recurring donation option on the above form or CLICK HERE.
Remember the life of a loved one through a Memorial gift to NAMI Ventura County. An acknowledgment will be sent to the family if you request us to do so. If you are making a donation in memory or in honor of someone, please indicate in the comment section of the donation form.
Give a donation in Honor of the special people, relationships and events in your life, and help others at the same time. If you are making a donation in honor of someone, or as a gift to a friend or relative please indicate in the comment section of the donation form.
4. WORKPLACE GIVING
If your company has a Corporate Campaign, it may offer to match your contribution $1 for every $1 you donate. In many cases this is done through payroll deduction with a pledge to United Way. Did you know that your contribution to United Way can be directed to NAMI Ventura County? You can now double the value of your gift to NAMI by choosing this method.
5. UNITED WAY
To ask that all or part of your United Way gift go to NAMI Ventura, please indicate on your Pledge Form that you would like a percentage of your contribution to be given to:
NAMI Ventura County (805) 641-2426
P.O. Box 1613
Camarillo, CA 93011-1613
6. DONATE BY MAIL
If you would prefer to donate by check, rather than through our donation form, please make checks payable to “NAMI Ventura County” and mail to:
NAMI Ventura County
P.O. Box 1613
Camarillo, CA 93011-1613
Join our annual walkathon, NAMIWalks. Every spring we hold our annual primary fundraiser. Create or select a team and create a campaign based on your family, friends, neighbors, local schools and business acquaintances. It’s a great way to keep NAMI services funded and is always a lot of fun. The past two years have been difficult due to COVID 19, but typically all the teams meet on the boardwalk of the Ventura Pier and we walk along the beautiful Ventura beach path past the fairgrounds to the river and back. It’s a short 3.2 miles (5Km) walk or run.
More About NAMI Ventura County
When you join NAMI Ventura County your membership extends to NAMI California and the NAMI National Organization. You join thousands of Americans dedicated to improving the lives of people with mental illness. Choose to do a monthly recurring donation and be a NAMI Ventura County Mental Health Hero!
Board of Directors:
Patricia Pape – President, Read Bio
Dr. James R. Norris – Vice President, Read Bio
Julia Dixon – Secretary/Treasurer
Shirley Brandon – Director at Large
Janine Ivy – Director at Large Read Bio
Maya Zumaya – Director at Large Read Bio
Roberta Griego – Director of Operations and Community Outreach
Chris Novak – Program Administrator Read Bio
Kimberly Quinn-Colvin – Program Coordinator Read Bio
Lynn Bulock – Faithnet/Grants
NAMI Ventura Bylaws
Please find the linked copy of the NAMI Ventura County bylaws (Please click or tap this link). We are posting a PDF copy of our bylaws on our website for transparency purposes. Our document is available for everyone to read, as mentioned in the California Corporations Code SECTION 1600 and SECTION 1600(d). All of our corporate documents are available to our members by coming by our offices, however, it is important to our organization that our governing documents are posted.
NAMI Ventura Position Page
Please find the linked copy of the NAMI Ventura County Position Page (Please click or tap this link).
NAMI Ventura Guidestar Information page
In addition, we’re providing this link to our Guidestar information page. (Please click or tap this link). GuideStar USA, Inc. (formerly known as Philanthropic Research, Inc.) is a 501(c)(3) public charity founded in 1994 doing business under the name GuideStar and operating the GuideStar website to deliver nonprofit information to the public. Guidestar’s mission is to revolutionize philanthropy and nonprofit practice by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions, and encourage charitable giving.
NAMI Ventura County believes that:
- Mental Illness is a neurobiological disorder requiring and responding to comprehensive treatment.
- People with mental illness have the right to access and participate in the latest and most effective medications and treatments available.
- People affected by mental illness have a right to be treated with dignity and respect—free from discrimination and stigma.
- Families need support, education, and direction.
- We must be respectful and represent the diverse cultures in the community.
- Community collaboration enhances the capacity to produce powerful results.
- To advocate for all people affected by mental illness is essential.
- People with mental illness have a right to quality housing, employment and social opportunities.
- Education of families, professional providers and the community is essential to an effective understanding of the complexities of mental illness.
- Increased scientific research is vital to the understanding of severe mental illness and the development of effective treatment modalities for all persons affected by neurobiological disorders.
- The development of all resources is essential to support the compassionate delivery of mental health services and the continued success of NAMI Ventura County.
(Mailing List Signup Form)
NAMIWalks Ventura County 2021!
16th Annual NAMIWalk!
May 22, 2021
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Virtual Program Begins at 10:00 am
Why do we walk?
We walk to raise awareness of mental illness and the need for a world-class treatment and recovery system for people with brain disorders.
We walk to erase the shame and stigma associated with mental illness.
We walk to raise funds for NAMI Ventura County’s programs.
Here’s what you can do:
HELP NAMI VENTURA COUNTY GET SPONSORS!
We initially set a goal of $175,000. But…….
We’re pushing that to $200,000
because we know that our NAMIWalkers are motivated, engaged, and excited to make 2021 our most amazing NAMIWalks year ever!
Fundraising for the 2021 NAMIWalk Ventura County through sponsorships, walk teams and walker support ensures NAMI Ventura County can continue our FREE program offerings. We need everyone’s help and support.
Help us celebrate the 16th annual NAMIWalks on Saturday, May 22nd!
NAMI Ventura County will be sharing your NAMIWalk Virtual Takeover selfies throughout May with our social media communities!
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO; GET STARTED TODAY
1. Register as a Sponsor, Team Captain or Walker
2. Let us know you’re NAMIWalking by sharing on your favorite social media outlet using #namivc
3. Follow our social media to see all our NAMIWalkers!
4. Form a Virtual Walk Team to include your family, friends, church, business, department, community organization etc.
FORM A WALK TEAM
5. Register as a Team Captain
6. Create your Team web page
REGISTER TO WALK
7. Join an existing Virtual Walk Team or register as an Individual Virtual Walker
8. Create your own web page online
9. Contact or send email to friends, family, co-workers and others to support your Walk
SUPPORT A WALKER
Make a donation online to show your support for a Walker
Make a general donation to NAMI Ventura County
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
We need your help. We want to give you an opportunity to donate in different ways, and your time is one way you can do that. We’ve created a volunteer information form. Please download the linked form, fill it out, scan it and email it to us. We’ll get in touch with you and talk about how you can help us.